Intellectual Disability Support in Melbourne - We Provide Support Services For Disabled People
Access the support services you need
We provide support services to people with intellectual disabilities, ensuring they can fully participate in their communities and live their ideal lives.
We know that each of our clients is unique, which is why we allow them and their families to take charge of their care. You are the expert in what you need – we’re here to make sure you get it.
Whether you want to learn new skills, engage in social activities or the community, or just get the home support you need to live a more independent life, we can help you find the services that will suit your needs. We’ll match you with a support worker that is compatible with your physical, social, emotional and cultural needs, ensuring you have someone you trust to help you with your daily living.
Your services your way
Our services are flexible, allowing you to access the supports that you need when you need them. If you only require assistance with a certain aspect of your daily routine, community access, respite care, or full-time home care, we can ensure that you receive the best supports.
We cater to clients of all ages, children, young people and older adults alike.
Want to find out more about our intellectual disability support services? Contact us by calling 0403 499 005 or reaching out online!
We can help you to
- Achieve your goals
- Maintain your health and wellbeing
- Develop skills that will help you live a more independent life
- Do what you love and engage more fully in the community
What's your NDIS plan?
The support services you’ll receive will depend on what’s in your NDIS plan. This is a document that outlines:
- Information about you and your disability
- What support you receive from friends and family (parents, etc.)
- What support you receive from government or community services
- Your goals (personal, social, employment, etc.)
- The funding you have been allocated for each support category
We can assist with support coordination to ensure that you can take full advantage of the broad range of services available to you and make the most of your funding. To find out more, get in touch with our support coordinators now.
What intellectual disabilities are covered by the NDIS?
The NDIS provides funding that enables people living with disability to access funding for the supports they need to live an independent life.
To qualify, a person’s disability must be permanent (i.e., lifelong) and significant (i.e, impact a person’s ability to complete everyday tasks). This can include physical disability, intellectual disability, mental health issues (psychosocial disability), multiple disabilities and developmental delays.
You may qualify for the NDIS if you’ve been:
- Diagnosed with a moderate, severe, or profound intellectual disability using DSM criteria (i.e., an IQ of 55 or less, severe deficits in adaptive functioning)
- Diagnosed with autism at a severity of Level 2 or 3
- Diagnosed with certain genetic conditions that result in severe intellectual disability
Need more information about the NDIS? As a registered service provider, we’ll be more than happy to help. Get in touch with our team now.
Want to find out more about how we can support people living with intellectual disabilities? Feel free to call 0403 499 005 to speak to our team or send an email to email@example.com.
GNCS acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work, the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and pays respect to elders past, present and emerging.